Saturday, April 9, 2011

What you see is what you want.

A Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood,
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo,
A plum pin-tucked tunic from Anokhi,
And knickerbockers of cotton blue.

Soap from Lush that your nose just loves,
A hardbound Wodehouse omnibus,
A miniature Porsche 911,
Talk to the Hand by Lynne Truss.

Rainbow coloured Converse shoes,
A Pink Floyd calender for the year,
Burberry Vanilla, Nina Ricci's Apple,
Some Godiva truffles to beat the drear.

All these clamour for my attention,
And succeed, but it's all the worse,
For what use is longing and wanting,
To one with an empty purse?

3 people shouted back:

Yggdrasil said...

Neat, and sweet. Nice rhyming scheme too.

the girl with the broken smile.... said...

Hello Hello! :)

I just had to ask. Did you write this after going to Forum, in Bangalore or something? Because all these stuff are there - right there on the second floor! Lush is right next to Landmark. And everything else you could prolly find in Landmark.
But then again it could be anywhere really. But it feels so much like Forum! And trust me I know exactly how you feel! Like the Paulo Nutini song - Short of money, but long on time.

My wishlist would be something similar except well you forgot gummy bears from Sweet World and double chocolate chip cookies from Cookie Man. Or maybe that's just because I'm famished. *stomach grumbles* : P

Woah. That was a long comment. Guess I'll go back to lurking in the shadows. :)

Unknown said...

I actually have rainbow coloured converse shoes but they didnt come that way.

Post a Comment