Tuesday, March 22, 2011

To do list.

I’ve just finished arguably the most important examination of my life, but I’m not as hyper as I thought I’d be. Is this my head’s way of telling me I could’ve done more justice to them? I don’t know, and I’d best not think about it.

One piece of news is that il mio telefonino is back, and I’m glad to be in constant touch with the outside world. Although I’ve observed that texting is NOT like riding a bicycle; I’ll need some time to get used to my keypad again (Okay, the longer I think about it, the more convinced I am that I’m a disgrace to my generation).

But I must say the start of summer is evoking strong sentiment in me. The prospect of college is looming large, and I cannot fathom when getting into the college of my choice suddenly became a short term goal from being a long term one. I feel like I’m flapping around in meaninglessness, not starting my day with my Integration formulae chart or the Commerce PTA one-words. While I don’t think I’ll miss the subjects by themselves, I feel a certain degree of loss to think I won’t be studying Commerce or Accountancy or even Maths so intensively ever again. You see, it’s like this. You’re seeing this guy, a bad-boy type, and you know it’s only a matter of time before it ends. The time comes and you part ways amicably, happy with how you conducted yourself in the relationship. But there’s always residual affection for the chap, coupled with feelings of not doing the relationship full justice and memories of all the good times. But you can only move on, and hope, when you do run into him again, that some level of goodwill remains. Like that.

Metaphor fails apart, I know for a fact that I’ll miss all the people I’ve been seeing on a daily basis, and I hope college and majorhood will bring with it a lot of roadtrips, National SMS boosters and Skype calls.

Anyhow, I’ve been thinking of all the movies I want to watch this summer. Some of them I’ve watched already, some I’ve abandoned halfway and some, I’m abashed to say, I haven’t watched. So without further ado, here’s my summer wishlist.

1) The Shawshank Redemption.
2) A Clockwork Orange.
3) Mulholland Drive
4) 300
5) When Harry Met Sally
6) Yojimbo
7) Annie Hall
8) Requiem for a Dream
9) Love Actually
10) LOTR trilogy
11) Star Wars (of course)
12) Black Swan
13) Mulan
14) Reservoir Dogs
15) Pulp Fiction
16) Amadeus
17) Howl’s Moving Castle
18) Kill Bill Vol 1 and 2
19) Rosemary’s Baby
20) The Usual Suspects
21) Children of Heaven
22) Kuruthipunal
23) Snatch
24) Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
25) Superbad (Yes, so WHAT?)
26) Fight Club
27) Inception
28) Raging Bull
29) Taxi Driver
30) Rebel without a Cause
31) Life is Beautiful
32) Amelie
33) The Holiday
34) Toy Story 3
35) Godfather Part 1 and 2.

And yes, season 6 and 7 of House. Now, because I do not want any speculation on which of these movies I may or may not have watched, let me ask you a question. If faced with the Prisoner’s Dilemma, what would you do?

5 people shouted back:

Yggdrasil said...

Made my job so much easier, this list. =)

Anonymous said...

Watch Persepolis. Ah-mazing movie. Bridesmaids also. :) And great, albeit surprising list.

Keyser soze said...

I'd rather go to solitary confinement than watching the movies in the list especially LOTR trilogy thats 12 hours of your life you'll never get back and are allergic to quality movies or what there is no Memento,a beautiful mind and one of the beautiful movies which re create the 50's L A Confidential its like your allergic to good actors like kevin spacey and by kevin spacey where is american beauty its like a million times better than lotr shitology and in almost 40 movies not a single movies which is based on law there are like great movies based on it like 12 angry men ...and justice for law is really famous for al pacino's your out of order and then there is a few good men and since usual suspects is in the list but wait no seven just because david fincher's first movie aliens 3 was not well received that doesnt mean that rest of his movies are not good especially se7en and panic room,zodiac and silence of the lambs its like i said you are so allergic good movies and no law
yours truly

Keyser soze said...

I'm so sorry for leaving my comment in half not a single clooney or neeson haven't you ever heard of Michael Clayton oceans eleven and though oceans twelve and oceans thirteen is stupid but its short and not excruciatingly long like lotr and good night, and good luck and syriana and courtroom drama how can we even forget kramer vs kramer's maryl streep you allergic to good movies eh?
yours truly

Rishi said...

No 'The Wire' on your watchlist? That's arguably the best show ever made.

Post a Comment